Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policy
Genmar is an international logistics service company with the ambition to provide innovative and varied services in terms of Maritime, Air and Road transport. Its growth and sustainability depend on the satisfaction of its customers and employees as well as the quality of its economic results. To meet these challenges, I decided to adapt the Quality Management System, Health, Safety and Environment, in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 45001: 2018 and ISO 14001: 2015, basing it on on the following commitments:
- Involvement, participation and consultation of staff at all levels of the organization.
- The measure of customer trust and supplier compliance.
- Compliance with legislation, regulations, standards and other requirements.
- Risk analysis and prevention.
- The protection of the environment.
- Taking into account the expectations and needs of relevant stakeholders.
- Continuous improvement of performance, cost reduction and quality of life at work
These commitments are driven by the following objectives:
- Provide the right level of responsiveness to customer requests.
- Guarantee the quality of services.
- Develop the skills of employees.
In Safety and Health:
- Toward the “Zero Accident”.
- Prevent occupational diseases and psychosocial risks.
- Reduce risks at workstations.
- Prevent major crises.
- Prevent environmental impacts.
- Optimize the use of natural resources.
These objectives are reviewed annually as part of the management review. I give full power to the person in charge of the Integrated Management System, Mrs. Noura Boukhris, to develop, implement, maintain, improve and verify the processes of the SMI, to sensitize the staff to the requirements of quality, health and safety and environment, to develop the spirit QSE, animate Tuniship’s QSE system and report on its operation. I count on the implication of each one of you for an effective and efficient deployment of this Quality, Safety, Health and Environment policy.